At Sugar Hill Animal Hospital, we know how much your pets mean to you. They’re members of the family, and like any member, they deserve a high level of healthcare that suits their needs. Our pet exams are important so your pet remains a happy, healthy companion from puppy and kitten-hood through their golden years. Call our team of veterinary professionals at (770) 271-7777 to schedule an appointment your pet's exam!
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR PETS EXAM?
Every wellness exam has elements that remain the same for all pets, as well as pieces that are specific to your pet. Here are some of the things you can expect at your pet’s wellness exam:
- Complete physical exam - checking the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, skin and coat, heart, lungs, and more
- Weight check and body condition score
- Fecal exam
- Heart worm and Flea/Tick Prevention (evaluation of their current preventative and a prescription refill if needed)
- Parasite Prevention (evaluation of their current preventative and a prescription refill if needed)
- Vaccinations (if due)
- Age-appropriate bloodwork to screen for disease and get baseline values
- Discussion of nutrition
- Addressing any behavioral problems, if present
- Spay/Neuter options for puppies and kittens
- Time to answer all your questions